Saturday, November 05, 2005

 

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am still in the process of assimilating this book. But I felt the urge to pour some uncooked thoughts here. This book certainly is not a regular read and only few will be able to manage to complete it(I hope I can! Less than 200 pages to go).

Questioning rationality and principles of science was unthinkable for me before reading this book. I somehow managed to reason "rationality" in those days. Randomness was something I used to rely a lot to explain irrationality (explain irrationality! oxymoron of sorts. I'm too rational :-)). That would change once I finish this book. Ah, few more hours.

Comments:
hey brajesh... Zen is a real tough book to read... i started it 2 weeks back but on the 35th page, decided that it was way above my head so left the book in halway.. then finished reading fountainhead and again dug my face deep into the pages of Zen... From the 1st page!! then chucked it at page 20... then finished reading "The Class" yesterday and am going to dedicate my sunday reading Zen.. if i dont finish i this time... i might not finish it at all.... ;) :D
 
rajesh..I sincerely recommend to finish this book. Even though I'm yet to resume reading it, i'll do that whenever I get time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?