Sunday, July 17, 2005

 

Movies and music

I really liked two songs from the movie Yahaa... "Naam Adaa Likhna" and "Urzu Urzu Durkut". the second one perhaps has some Kashmiri words..I don't understand all of it, but the music is pretty sweet.
'Sarkar' is a movie I have kept in my wish list. One reason being, it has no song sequences :-) and that is my crude indicator of the movie having at least some substance. Well, I put theater/plays much above the movies. I have my own yard-stick to rate perfoming arts. These days I don't get much time to see plays or movies, but then, that doesn't change anything.
The other reason for 'Sarkar' is that it is based on "The Godfather". One of my most admired Indian movies "Nayakan"(I have seen only the dubbed hindi version) is also 'inspired' by this novel from Puzzo. And my benchmark would more be "Nayakan" than the two hollywood "Godfather"s(the third one was a farce).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?